Oh, Post-Apocalyptic futures, the dystopian destination of so many YA books. This week, YA highway’s Roadtrip Wednesday asks the question:
“If you time-traveled to a post-apocalyptic future, what would you bring?”
Here’s my list:
1. A sense of humor, because no author can kill off the comic relief, no matter how grim the story.
2. A manual for train jumping. There seems to be a lot of that that goes on in YA dystopian (Divergent, Ship Breaker, Extras).
3. A cool outfit, preferably one with lots of belts and leather.
4. Comfortable shoes.
5. A weapon that does not have a finite and bulky supply of ammunition (bows and arrows are cool, but…)
6. A backstory. It makes you sympathetic (good if you’re the main character, not so much if you’re expendable).
What do you all think? If you were in a post-apocalyptic YA novel, what character traits would you want? What are your favorite characters who have survived till the end of a series?